Here is some awesome tips how to save time and energy on housekeeping. Whether it’s house cleaning or kitchen clean up, laundry or quick clean ups, these tips will help.
- Wipe down mini-blinds with a fabric softener sheet. This eliminates the static that causes dust and dirt to stick. The same trick works for TV and monitor screens.
- Wash ceramic tile floors with a few drops of dish soap in a bucket of hot water. Dry thoroughly with a towel for a nice sheen and no streaks. Just stand on a bath towel and boogie around a bit to wipe dry. Or put a cloth under each foot and make like “Dancing With the Stars.”
- Throw a couple of denture cleaning tablets into your toilet before you go to bed. In the morning, just run your toilet brush around a few times and flush. Your toilet will be clean and fresh.
- Use a sponge mop to clean the shower walls. It’s fast and saves you from stretching and bending.
- For a stain that resists all other spot and stain removers, pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup OxiClean granules in the washer with hot water until dissolved. Add detergent and soak the garment before washing as usual.
- Best and cheapest fabric softener? Fill the fabric softener container in your washing machine with plain white vinegar. No waxy residue on your clothes or dryer, and it makes towels super-absorbent. No irritating smell either.
- To speed up drainage of your tubs and sinks, pour down one cup of baking soda followed by a cup of vinegar. Let it foam up for a few minutes and thoroughly flush with hot tap water. (Kids love to do this!)
Hope you find some of these housekeeping tips useful. Please share some of your own!